
I guess our plans are as final as any plans are when a bunch of Reeds are involved. We will gather June 14-15 in St. George.
John and I plan to embark from Lubbock the 9th or 10th and drive to Brigham City. We will caravan with Harry and Rhonda for the weekend retreat and gathering in St. George.
I plan to bring things to share with the rest of you.
Be careful, stay healthy, and think positive thoughts; maybe this thing will work out!


2 comments:
Hey, thanks for the blog...this is Rhonda. Ogden schools got out today and I am done teaching until the middle of August! Yahoo! Harry is on his annual motorcycle trip with a bunch of work buddies and will be back tomorrow evening but he keeps saying how excited he is to see his brothers and sister. I will show him your blog when he returns. I am sorry you guys will have such a long drive but it will be so wonderful to get together!!!
This is Harry. I got back from my cycle adventure today. It is always fun to get out with some friends and ride in the back country. I told Rhonda before I left that it was probably stupid to do because the old Ural isn't really a trail bike. Well we had a lot of fun, but I had a bit of a mishap and flipped the bike. A rider behind me said that he thought I was thrown 10-15 feet from the motorcycle. I landed on my side/back and it really knocked my wind out and caused a bunch of pain at the back of my ribs on the right hand side. The mishap took the fairing and windscreen off the bike and tore off the sidecar windscreen and both rear view mirrors, smashed the handlebars down and broke other misc. bits and pieces. Since we were in the middle of nowhere (halfway between Grouse Creek, UT and Jackpot, NV) I had to try to ride the bike into Jackpot. I got the tools out and straightened out the handlebars, broke off the remains of the windscreens and the bike fired right up. The ride into Jackpot was pretty unpleasant, every bump in the trail sent pain shooting through my ribs. When we got into Jackpot we found out that the clinic was closed for the weekend and so I ended up being taken by Ambulance into Twin Falls, ID. A dozen x-rays later I was told that there weren't any serious injuries, just a few cracked ribs.
I am very thankful to Rhonda and Carrie who drove up to Twin Falls in the middle of the night to get me. We spent the night in Twin Falls and drove back this morning. All in all, I feel pretty good. I am sure there will be a lot of bruising and I can feel the ribs every time I move or even breath but that will hopefully get better soon.
We are sure looking forward to seeing all of you at Saint George. It will be nice to have a chance to just visit and catch up.
See you soon, Harry
Post a Comment