
So... If we are going to try to get us all together somewhere this summer we had better get started with the planning. Bill and Harry wonder if we all want to try to get together in St. George. It has the obvious advantage of having at least three homes to help bed us all. I understand that we can also have a tent in the backyard of the condo, so that would be additional sleeping room for maybe some of the boys.
If I do not hear from anyone with another location suggestion, I will assume that St. George is not out of the question for any of you.
The next obvious thing to plan is a date. The weekend of the fourth of July is not good for Fleur, but should not be eliminated on her account. She has other reunions that weekend, but will miss ours if the fourth of July weekend is best for the rest of us. I need suggestions soon.
Once the date and place are established, I will turn the rest of the planning over to one of you to continue the plans... I am not a good cruise director.
Let me hear from you.............


5 comments:
This is Harry. July 4th should work fine for us or just about any time since we are pretty free this summer. I really enjoyed the pictures of Daddy that you posted. I noticed that on the picture that he signed he spelled his name with one "L", Hershal. I thought it had two "L's". Let us know if July will work. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
I plan on being in California for most of June. I don't know if we could afford the gas for two big trips this summer. It might be easiest for us to attend if we planned on early June when we are already in Bakerfield and only about 6 hours away. We would love to be able to get together but understand if you need to plan this for another time. Just let me know... Thanks!
As Liza said, the first part of June would be best for us. Emily and Eric also plan to be here at that time. They have already bought their plane tickets and will be in Bakersfield until June 12th. We could have a whole caravan drive over for the reunion!
Were you thinking about doing this over a weekend or something longer? Bill and I were thinking that people could arrive on Friday (or earlier), spend Saturday reuniting (possibly at the clubhouse at the Park) and could travel home on Sunday (or later), with Saturday being the main day for the reunion. We have people who would probaby only be available for a quick weekend because of work.
The only way we would have time (and funds) to be there would be if we traveled over w/ mom and dad while we were visiting California in early June.
Early June would work for us too.
Post a Comment