
Well.
Several thoughts come to mind today after spending 14 (that's right, 14!) hours working the election yesterday here in Lubbock County, Texas.
1. There are a lot of very friendly, positive, lovely people living here. I am fortunate to live in a part of the world where it is just plain rude not to be concerned about a stranger. I was thanked numerous times for working the election by voters. Everyone I encountered smiled and acted like they had known me for twenty years. It was a pleasure helping them.
2. MANY young first-time voters came to vote. We do not live close to the university, so I was surprised at the number of young people who came to vote. I am fairly sure it was the influence of Obama's campaign one way or the other.
3. Canes, walkers, oxygen canisters, wheelchairs... old folks don't let anything stand in their way. We even had a couple of buses from old folks homes pull up and disembark the old and the feeble so that they could exercise their constitutional rights.
so what does the picture have to do with this??????????? it's chip staring at the computer this morning. he is in a very bad mood. we are leaving him alone....


1 comment:
Way to go. I am sure everyone was very appreciative of your service. I am!
Post a Comment