Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Sweet Little Friend


When I think of dog lovers, Carrie Nelson Scanlan's name always pops into my mind. She really knew how to treat a dog.

As I age and spend more and more time sitting or even spending the day propped up in my bed I am having more quality time with my personal little friend, Mia. Greyhounds love their lap time. I spend many a night sleeping with little Mia laying on my lap under the covers. She makes a wonderful bed warmer. We recently bought her her very own bed which she uses for her naps when a lap is not available.

What brought this up (you might say). We watched "Marley and Me" last night with Josh. This movie is a real tear-jerker. Thankfully we were watching it in a pitch black room. As the heart strings were craftily pulled tighter and tighter all you could hear in the room was an occasional sniff. Harvey had a lot of trouble falling asleep, his little psyche bruised from the viewing.

All I can say is: Dogs are God's little gift that keeps on giving and giving. Mia, Lilly, Brother, Chester, Arthur, Newton, and all of their little cousins: Thank you!

2 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

I loved "Marley & Me!"

And don't forget Chief, Jack, Hammy and Biscuit.

Mia looks very sweet in her picture.

When I pray, I often give thanks for our animal companions. I think they are one of Heavenly Father's tender mercies.

Stitching Hen said...

You can tell from Mia's picture that she is a very good listener, and very empathetic.