Thursday, May 28, 2009

Well....It's Official



I know that this was an inevitable situation, but I am frankly shocked that I am old enough to have a grandchild graduating from High School. But, that is that, que sera-sera, and all that jazz.

I love my dear little grandson. He was my first and has a special place in my heart.

That being said, lets now discuss the other part of my post. I am as old as dirt!!

My joints are trashed, I am beginning to sag to a remarkable degree, and my mind loses more little gray cells every minute than I like to think about. I wonder happened while I was asleep last night. I woke up very,very old.

For those of you who think you are getting older: just wait. In a flash you, too, will realize just how fleeting this experience we call mortality really is. I clearly remember the day of my graduation and it seems like just a few years ago. It was...... a long time ago in a land far, far away.

3 comments:

Stitching Hen said...

Congratulations to Matthew!!! We are very proud of him, too. What are his plans for next year?
What is he doing to celebrate the big occasion?
I wish we lived close-by because I know Harry would love to cook up a bunch of Texas barbecue on his smoker grill, to help Matthew celebrate his big day!
We would love to have you guys visit whenever you can, and we could compare aches and pains! and discuss how life has flown by in a blink of an eye. Love you.

Laura Swenson said...

Matthew will work and begin taking some courses at South Plains College until sometime after his birthday in January. He hopes to serve a mission, so he is in a holding pattern until his birthday.

I wish we were there too!

Keep your fingers crossed for September!

Mom/Linda said...

Congrats to Matt! While everything you say about aging is true, I am just grateful each morning that I wake up and can look forward to more "firsts" in my life.