
I have been overwhelmed lately with the things going on around us. It may be my age, but don't things seem to be moving too quickly?
Case in point. I am thinking about buying a Kendle. I am experiencing a lot of pain in both of my arms and I think reading would be a lot easier with a lighter load to hold. But, here's the dilemma. There is already a Kendle2. Should I just bite the bullet with the new model? When will old number 3 come around? Will I regret not waiting? See my point???
And, Why are we defining marriage? Ten years ago we all knew what marriage was. What is the big deal? But, I have also seen other things change their meaning: "gay" for example. And my most frustrating definition change: "thong". When I ask Harvey to go find my thongs everyone in the house groans. It is especially bad when I do that in front of Joshua's friends.....
I guess I'm just an old fart, but why are they showing "Porkys" on the classic movie channels? When it was made, "Porkys" was a movie only naughty people went to see. It doesn't exactly seem like it should be a "classic" movie. "Classic" movies are "Gone With the Wind" , or "Judgement at Nuremberg" not porno movies. But then, the boundaries of porno have shifted, too.
Oh, well...I guess I am just getting old. I can only wonder what the next 5 years will bring. Hope I will adapt.
What does this have to do with Miss Fisheyes? Nothing. It is just a really nifty picture. It makes me smile when things are whizzing by around me..


3 comments:
Laura,
I must confess that my Kindle 2 is my favorite electronic widget. I find myself reading more and better quality material. Reading is very pleasant and is actually easier on my eyes than paper books. It is very quick and inexpensive to purchase books. Highly recommended.
Harry
I wrote a grant and was able to purchase two Kindle 2's for Highland's library ...what is cool about this version is if you are reading and get sleepy, you can take it to bed and put it on speaking mode, so it reads you to sleep! There are different voices you can pick from-some are easier to listen to than others.
The books download in seconds and there are hundreds of free books; a lot of them are the classics.
There is already a newer version of the Kindle out, but it is more for reading newspapers and magazines.
I am hoping the next version has a back light so I can read it during the night when I can't sleep. I hate turning on my bedside light because it wakes up Harry every time!
How would the Kindle do if I dropped it in the hot tub? (Which I have done with more than one paperback book!)
Right now, my favorite electronic is the DS. I have been doing brain training on Brain Age and have lowered my "brain age" from 78 to 46. If only DS made a "Body Age" version.
Post a Comment