We had the wonderful opportunity of spending the day with Reed's kids while he and Fleur (God bless their marriage!) rip out and rebuild their bathroom. The children arrived at 8:30-ish full of life and enthusiasm, all talking excitedly at once and bearing a brown bag half-full of candy. We were to enjoy them until 4:00 this afternoon and then transport them to Plainview to meet their other grandmother, Nana, in the back parking lot of the McDonald's to pass them off where they will spend the night tonight and return home tomorrow evening.
We watched the DVD, "Pretty Places" several times, discussed many things and enjoyed a couple of hours in my bedroom. The group gathered in the livingroom for a viewing of "Ice Age" and afterward Auntie Vicki took them to a lovely park/playground here called "Legacy Village" for an hour of play and a happy meal.
It was the trip to Plainview and the conversation we all had in the car that was most illuminating.
Next Halloween's costumes: Ellen/ "Mooow-sses" (Moses), Maggie/" Moses's mother, Mirium", Paul/ "the headless horseman".
On motherhood:
Ellen isn't getting married and is not having children but preferres to picture her future single, living with Nana, and owning a cat because:
1. "I don't like kissing"
2. "I don't want my tummie cut"
3. "Mommies have to change diapers and touch poo".
Maggie does plan to marry. Her thoughts:
1. "I LIKE kissing
2. "I don't mind changing diapers. I like stinky things."
3. "I like to smell my feet."
Paul:
"Motherhood is disgusting. I know because I've been around a lot longer than you girls. I have been around eight years."
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Four year olds are the best!!! Enjoy every minute with your grandkids--
How adorable...if you can, take some pictures and email them. I can't believe Paul is eight...has he had his baptism yet?
Post a Comment