Friday, February 22, 2008

Just Thinking ...





What makes boys ... well .... boys!

As many of you know, Gilgal Gardens in Salt Lake is one of my favorite "peep spots". I find it very mentally, emotionally, and spiritual stimulating. As I walk around the garden, I sense the passion and effort involved in bringing such large rocks down from the mountains and sculpting them into expressions of faith. It stimulates my passion, somehow, and I am always uplifted and prompted to journal, bear testimony to my children and grandchildren, and try to outwardly express my deep conviction about the gospel and the mission of the Savior.

Boys, on the other hand, enjoy the gardens on a different level.

2 comments:

emily w. said...

Looks like a neat place. I had no idea it existed. We'll have to visit next time we're in Utah. I think my girls would enjoy it a little bit more like the boys did. "Let's see who can climb up onto Joseph Smith's nose"

Mom/Linda said...

When I was at BYU I knew a guy who spent a few hours in a Malaysian jail while on his mission. He and his companion thought it was funny to climb up on a big statue of Buddha and photograph themselves sitting in a nostril. Apparenly, the local government didn't appreciate their "boyish" humor.