Sunday, February 10, 2008

Political Musings


I have been thinking over our political mess for several days, as I am sure all of you have been and am wondering if any of you are as confused as I about how to best use the vote this election? I have had several rabid conservative friends call (some very unexpectedly) expressing their views.

One friend suggests voting in the democratic primary (Texas has an open primary system and anyone can vote any primary, they can only vote once, however) for Obama to try to keep Hillary out and then vote Libertarian or Constitutional party in the Presidential election. His feeling is that the Republican Congressmen and Senators will be almost silenced by McCain because no matter how they feel they will be obliged to vote with the President and against the democrats on legislation.

John reminds us that Ron Paul is still on the ballot and is really earning a lot of money.

Another friend thinks McCain was programmed during his stay in the Hanoi Hilton and is the true Manchurian Candidate and will really set us back.

I would be interested in any speculation. It is really about time the Reed's had a rousing political discussion. I know you have views......

1 comment:

emily w. said...

I may have to rethink my boycott John McCain policy if Mitt is put on the ticket as VP. I was a little hurt when Romney made his endorsement the other day. Ah politics!