Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baggie Omelet

So, my family keeps telling me about this great way to make an omelet and I have been doubting them. I think Fleur saw it on the food network. Paula Dean, I think. Well, I guess it is true that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I thought some of you who cook for kids might be interested in it.





Let everyone put their name on a quart size ziplock bag. Crack a couple of eggs into the bag and shake it (mash it?) to break up the eggs and mix them up a little. Have side dishes of ham,








bacon,cheese, onion, pepper,etc. Let each family member add whatever they want to their bag of eggs. Have a large pot of boiling water ready. Zip up the bags removing all of the air possible and drop into the boiling water for 13 minutes. SHAZAMM!!! You have breakfast!

6 comments:

emily w. said...

Very cool! Maybe my kids would actually eat eggs if they could have this much fun making them.

Eliza said...

What a fun idea... I will have to try this. We are an egg eating family so we would all enjoy this fun trick.

Mom/Linda said...

I will definitely try this. I don't like to dirty a lot of dishes when I'm home alone, so this would work great! Thanks for the tip.

Mom/Linda said...

We made baggie omelets this morning and they were great! I think it will become a Saturday morning tradition. Bill wants to try it next time with large flour tortillas for breakfast burritos. thanks for sharing!

P.S. Ours cooked in 8 minutes.

Taylors said...

I have done this before and loved it! I also love Paula Deen!

Wes and Donna's Big Adventure said...

Great idea, especially for the cooking illiterate like me. I am adding you to my blog buddies so my friends down south can see I do have creativity in my family! (does by marriage count?)