I don't have any pictures to share, but we had a wonderful Thanksgiving here in Lubbock.
We had quite a few for the meal... Chip's family (8 members), Harvey's mother, John and Susan, Harvey and I, the Bacon family (5members), and Reed and Fleur's five gathered in Fleur's family room for a sit down dinner. It was really great, though conversation with those at the other end of the table was difficult. We had plenty of food and enough to send doggie bags with everyone. Harvey was a little disappointed that he only had one day of leftovers, but the rest of us counted that as one of our blessings this year.
Paul came home with me after the meal and we played games and watched movies until he had to go home to get ready for a Friday trip to Amarillo to see his other grandparents. I like to spend time alone with Paul. He is so very funny.
John and I had other opportunities to visit...he and Susan went home to Austin yesterday. We watched a couple of his videos and grumbled about the times in which we live. I guess that makes us officially old farts (at least ONE of us...you can fill in any name you please).
I hope all of you are well. You are continually in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! If you're an old fart, that makes two of us! Today I was at JoAnn's Fabrics and they announced over the loudspeaker that next Tuesday was a special "senior discount day"--15% off your entire purchase. I went to great lengths (spoke to three different salespeople) to pin down the age limit on senior. While I was wasting time on this venture I was thinking, "Boy, you REALLY are getting old!"
P.S. As it turns out, I am NOT a senior by JoAnn's standards, though at the movie theater I am considered old (and proud of it!)
P.P.S. Do you have Harvey working on carving you a cane with some kind of hidden super-hero feature? A squirt gun or sword maybe? You go, girl!
I thought we had a lot of guests for Thanksgiving, but I think you had us beat.
We had a wonderful holiday, too, which stretched out over several days... but it helps a person remember how grateful one is for family and friends and how it really IS what matters most in life!
I am thankful for my wonderful "family-in-laws", too-I know I am so very lucky to have married into such a great extended family! Love you.
It sure is nice to have big extended families during this time of year. Hard to imagine life without them.
Thanks for the e-card by the way!
Post a Comment