Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


I had a wonderful birthday which lasted all of last week. I ate out with Reed's family and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Appleby's. Then a lovely evening meal with the Bacon's at Lujan's Mexican Restaurant.

Later in the week we had a birthday meal here at home and presents. I have such a generous family. We had a great time.

Then this Monday my big present came in the mail. I LOVE my new Kindle! What a great little electronic item. I am enjoying reading more now that I am not having to hold heavy books (this is hard because of my neck pain problem). I have downloaded the scriptures and several free books. Most classics are free as well as many, many other books. It is great fun shopping for books from my bed! I never thought that would be possible.

3 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

My family has been dropping hints to me about getting a Kindle, but here's my dilemma: I do 80% of my reading at night, in my hot tub. I know for a fact that cell phones can't swim. Can Kindles?

emily w. said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one. Enjoy your new Kindle. I'm a little jealous :)

Laura Swenson said...

I doubt that your Kindle would swim on its own, but I bet someone like you could make a watertight cover for it. It would be worth it!