Saturday, January 3, 2009

Don't Stand Still.....Run


Matt and I just got back from seeing "The Day the Earth Stood Still". As a real fan of the original 1951 movie, I was expecting a propaganda film. The original was made during the cold war and had a hard to be missed message for the world. This one is a sad remake.

Keanu Reeves does make a good emotionless alien...a reprise of every role he has ever had. But, the movie sucks (if you pardon my french).

The only saving grace was a rather imaginative way to take out all of mankind leaving other lifeforms. After all, that is the real way to save our planet according to the greenies.

Save your money... go see Despereaux.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gort, Klatu barada nikto...

I am certain that Keanu is the very embodiment of Michael Rennie. He has always been my favorite alien.

Rhonda and I are sad that the holiday break is over. We have to go back to the usual grind tomorrow. I hope you have had a great Christmas 2008 and will enjoy a wonderful 2009.

Harry

Mom/Linda said...

Bill and I went to see "7 Pounds" on New Year's Day. It is an absorbing, if sometimes difficult, movie. I definitely recommend it, but bring a box of tissues with you. AND...you will NOT leave the theater whistling a happy tune.