Friday, March 28, 2008

Tough Times

Well, this is quite a week for our family. I am so glad that Linda is better after her scary emergency trip to the hospital. Sometimes the stoic approach to life isn't exactly the best idea. I am so glad that Bill, Carl, and Clare acted decisively and got her to the hospital in time. I am sure there will be many days of recovery. Our prayers are with all of you and our offer to help in other ways still valid. I love all of you and will be there in a snap if you need me.

Meanwhile, little Abby ... I am hoping and praying that her stay in the hospital will be a short one and that all will be back to normal soon. I know that imitation is the highest form of praise, but this is taking it a little too far. Grandmother and granddaughter illness is too much for one family to handle at the same time.

Less critical, but irritating none the less, the Bacon-Swenson family is victim to a random vandalism in the neighborhood. A couple of nights ago someone shot car windows with a pellet gun and broke one of the large side windows out of the van and put three holes in the front window of our Camry. The van window was replaced today, but it may be awhile before we can replace the other one. There were 30 other windows shot out that night. What fun!

On a happier note, I am now a consultant in our family history library and am signed on the new family search web site. I will be checking all of our entries and hopefully will get it all straightened out, consolidated, and find additional names for temple work. I have talked with Rhonda and Harry and now am more hopeful about all of the pictures. More on that to follow...

No comments: