
I have been overwhelmed lately with the good things of life. We all have our periods of life which are not so fun and which challenge our stamina and resolve, but they only make us appreciate the good moments more.
It is such a sweet thing to see Vicki's face as she comes in from her school labors at 4:30 or so with a smile on her face and tales to tell about the amazing contrast in her teaching experience this year. Teaching anywhere has its challenge, but she is having a much more "normal" experience now that she has made the adjustment to her new school.
Joshua is having a wonderful 7th grade year so far. His extra curricular activities include orchestra (where he proudly plays the cello), tennis, scouting, and Cougar TV( the early morning closed circuit broadcast for the whole school). He is disappointed at the increased homework demands, but has plenty of time for his friends and family.
Matthew's senior year has started off good at school, but his senior year of early morning seminary is ...dare we say....knock on wood... going GREAT. His teacher is an older woman with a lot of experience teaching seminary and she has charmed him. He actually sat on my bed yesterday and admitted to his mom and I that he is "enjoying" (yes, that was the word he used) seminary this year- that he is "actually participating". You have to understand. Matt is not a morning person. He is very difficult to motivate before noon. Forget trying to get him to say anything or smile... It is truly a miracle that I appreciate more than you can know. He will always remember this experience.
So, this mother and grandmother is grateful.
I hope all is well with all of you.


6 comments:
"We are a Happy Family" Wow, what a contrast to last year. I am sooo glad Vicki is having a good year. You know what they say "When mom is happy, everyone is happy" which seems to be true.
You didn't mention if "dad" has a smile on his face. Also, how are Ma and Pa?
Donna
Good to hear everything is great :-) And glad that Matt can get out of bed so early...that gettting up while its still dark, part of seminary I do not miss at all....GO Matt! I wish I could see one of Josh's broadcasts at school, I can only imagine how entertaining he is!
Our stamina has definately been challenged lately! We really do need to focus on all the blessings that come to our lives. I am glad all is well with our Texas kin! We miss you guys!
That is great news!!! Yes, miracles keep us going!!!
Is Vicki enjoying her AP classes? Does she like her new administration? She would make learning science so fascinating and fun. That high school is VERY lucky to get her!!!
Harry asked me the other day if I ever thought of changing jobs. But even after 11 years at the same middle school, I look forward every day to getting to work! I don't know if I could switch from teaching 13-15 year olds now. Plus they keep me feeling young!
And hats off to Matt and Josh...they are THE greatest kids ever. I wish you all lived next door. Today is "Peach Day" and we are just leaving to go to the parade. Sure wish you were here... Love, Rhonda
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4
John knew what he was talking about, didn't he?
I agree with Rhonda I too love going to work everyday. It keeps me young and with how little they pay me it feels a little like I'm giving service all day. :) I'm so happy that everything is working out so well for you and the fam.
Post a Comment