
Wasting time.... I remember wondering about it when I was knee deep in toddlers and revisited it again when I was practically living with Grannie and Auntie taking care of them. I really never thought the time would come when I would let myself go to the point that I actually spend at least an hour a day playing this stupid card game.
I would like to offer some excuses right now. Maybe some of you would even fall for them, but the truth is that I am becoming soft in my old age. Vicki is spoiling me with her long suffering patience and care.
On the positive side, I have started several projects for Christmas presents for grandkids, the most spectacular is my effort to make "Fancy Nancy" dolls for the twins. I researched on the web and found patterns for the dolls, then bought some blank dolls at the craft store. They need faces, hair, and clothing. I am working on the clothing now, and also jewelry. After all, they need jewelry or they will not be "Fancy".
But, I am not sure what exactly I will do today.... It is cool, humid, overcast and a little dreary.
Maybe just one more game of Canfield..... Perhaps I can win just one more game.
Cumulative score: 180245
Wins: 245/4869 games played
Ranking: virtuoso


5 comments:
Sounds like you are just working on your memory and fine motors skills; something we all need to do. You also may have found a great stress reliever!
Can't wait to see the Fancy Nancy dolls.
I, myself, have achieved "veteran" status on Scrabble! And I did it during my "busy" season--Halloween costumes! It isn't that we have slowed down or aren't as busy. We "ladies of a certain age" have just learned to multi-task and, being older and wiser, it takes us less time to get things done. Right?
I love Fancy Nancy...I also am anticipating the dolls! Be sure to post pictures!!!
Laura I would say you definantly deserve a little "down time" you've earned it!! I'm all about the down time. I might venture to say I'm the laziest Reed ever. If you ever want to feel like a total lazy butt spend the day with one of my siblings or mom... Yikes!!
I agree with Mom Linda! You guys put in your time and now deserve to do whatever you want with yours! I would have to say me and Liza were cut from the same cloth!
Post a Comment