You really do not want to think of, or treat twins as if they were one individual. Perhaps it is just because they are three-year-old girls. After five (that's f-i-v-e) times through "Mariposa" Barbie I feel like I have personally been in the movie, DEJA VU.
Shall I share the plot with you? Mariposa feels like she doesn't fit into the butterfly fairy community since she likes to read and ponder the world while the other little butterfly fairies flit about hoping to snare the handsome butterfly fairy prince with their hot clothes and even hotter flirty personalities. There is a good queen, a wicked handmaid, a dim-witted chief counsellor(who is a man) etc, etc, etc. It is really quite riveting!
Cinematically, the color is predominately pepto bismo pink and tele-tubby blue. Like every single scene!
Ellen and I also enjoyed a quiet moment painting our nails during the 4th viewing. I think it was after the prince gave Mariposa the map to find the antidote to the poison that the evil handmaid gave the good queen and before the cave of reflection where the mystical mermaid was testing Mariposa's resolve to follow through with her quest.
I think that this is a must-see for Emily and Liza and their girls. Afterward, perhaps a nature walk to reinforce the dramatic absence of pepto-pink (thank goodness) in the world.
I love my grandkids. Sunday night is Paul's night.
Vicki and Chip will be gone next week. A whole week of alone time with Matt and Josh M.m.m.m. what can we do.................
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has had to endure Barbie Mariposa...on multiple occasions! I think it is a favorite of three year old girls everywhere.
Can I also recommend Barbie Princess and the Pauper? I think you will agree that the solo by Princess Analise is truly moving.
Like I said before, you're a good grandma.
I'm waiting for Barbie War of the Worlds.
Loved your review--hilarious!!!!
I very much look foward to being a Grandmother one day. Ashton really enjoyed his Transformer viewing party he had with you and loves his Bumblebee! You are a very fun Aunt/Grandma. A lot of grandmas might not enjoy Barbie Mariposa or Transformers but you dive right in! We miss you and hope to see you sooner than later!
Sarah
I mean forward!
I'm glad that Aubrey's favorite show to watch is Mythbusters!
Post a Comment