Sunday, July 20, 2008

Movies, Ice Cream, Paul, and Liza



Just as the little, evil transformer was downloading all of the secret files from the mainframe on Air Force One, I was surprised with a call from Liza! She and the girls are coming over tomorrow to spend the day with me. I am so glad... It will be fun to take a break from my all-boys club that we are running this week.

Paul is spending the night and we are in the middle of a film festival. We began with the Silver Surfer and are ending tonight with Transformers. Meanwhile, as a background to the movie sound track we have the ever-present rap-tap-tap of the drums in the new Rock Band Video game for the Wii. Do you remember what it was like when your kids were given noisy toys for Christmas? Well, I think this is even worse! A constant tinny rapping that carries all over the house and through the walls... Harvey and I are going insane.

Tomorrow morning before the Clement clan gets here, Paul and I need to go shopping for his toy. He is hoping to get a transformer with his 10 bucks. Our only hope is WalMart.

Hope everyone is ok.

3 comments:

Mom/Linda said...

You have apparently forgotten that it was YOU, Aunt Laura, who gave two-year-old Carl the fireman's hat with the revolving light and blaring siren! What goes round...

Give all those cute Clement girls a hug for me!

Taylors said...

Sounds like fun. You should be able to find something "Transformer"for under ten. What a fun Grandma you are. They will remember all this as adults. Some of my best memories are those Texas trips we each got to take to visit Grannie! P.S. I have finally posted!

clare said...

Aunt Laura- what a cute Grandma you are! I love reading about all these sweet little cousins (once removed or whatever) that I never get to see. I am just cherishing that we don't have kids yet, and therefore, never have to watch Mariposa Barbie or Transformers....at least for a few more years.