

We may be old, but we aren't too old to enjoy having a sleep-over with Maggie Jean. Last night was her first overnighter alone with us. We had a wonderful time.
First, we went shopping with the money Maggie earned selling lemonade during the garage sale her family had last weekend. Maggie also gets money for doing chores around the house, so she had enough to find something special at Target. I don't know if you other girls are familiar with Fancy Nancy, but she is quite special to Maggie and Ellen who own and read her books often. Well, we rounded the corner and ran into an entire display of Fancy Nancy stuff. Maggie bought the very fancy crown and matching earrings. They are so special.
After shopping, we went home and watched the animated classic, "Mariposa Barbie". It is such a sleeper that Ma almost slept through the entire movie. Maggie kept prodding me and reminding me that we were supposed to watch it together.
Matthew bought a new program for his Wii that is an entire Rock Band (guitar, drums, microphone). He had several kids over to play it with him and Maggie enjoyed accompanying them on the drums.
All in all, it was a lovely evening. Tomorrow night is Ellen's turn. Expect an update!


5 comments:
What a fun grandma! This certainly bodes well for the Clement girls' visit next month. Hang on to Mariposa Barbie! Matt needs to get together with the Whites somehow to form a virtual Wii band--they have posted photos on their blog of them also playing rock star. Have fun tonight with Ellen.
So glad you are enjoying your grandgirls! You are a very giving grandma to include Mariposa Barbie in your activities! I have been away from the blogging world and trying to catch up with my famiy and students. I have been staying with my sister and we have been sharing alot of laughter and tears. Her next surgery is Tues, July 22nd. Please send "positive vibes" our way. Love you, RR
Liv eyes that Fancy Nancy display every time we're in Target. I think she has her heart set on the dog for her birthday. Your a good "Ma" to those girls.
Mom kindly left out that Maggie slept with me - in my bed - and reported that I "make loud noises." I report that she woke up several times during the night and tends to kick.
Laura you are such a fun Ma!! I told the girls that they will be going to your house while we are in Orlando and they (Riley and Brooke) both clapped and shouted with excitement. I think they know they are in for a special sleep over.
Post a Comment